KMG manufacture a range of equipment detailed in the following pages for conveying both food and nonfood materials.
Typically, we use vibratory conveyors, flat belt conveyors, flighted belt elevators, modular belts, roller tracks or air conveyors.
The method chosen will be appropriate to the fragility, hygiene, and environment of the process. Also dictating the method are any changes in elevation, direction.
Product can also be distributed to multiple places, sieved, merged or mixed.
Most food materials that can be conveyed on KMG equipment fall into the following categories
- Raw materials, for example potatoes, grains and nuts
- Ingredients, for example pasta, beans and spices.
- Uncooked product, salad leaves, pellets and dried fruit.
- Cooked product, for example, IQF vegetables, nuts and cereals
- Seasoned product, for example, potato chips, tortilla chips
- Packaged products, for example, packets of snacks and cardboard cartons.
A complete system may employ one or all the methods above. Critical to the safety and efficiency of the system are the transitions between similar or different machines. Good transitions contain and handle the product gently.
Selecting appropriate food contact surface is essential for sanitation and hygiene.
Ranging from 316 or more commonly 304 stainless steel to FDA and EU Compliant polymers. Material selection will optimise the key goals of safety, reliability and value.
KMG combine these features with their industry leading control and automation to create world class manufacturing processes